What is Branding?
Branding has many different definitions depending on which agency or marketing firm you speak with. At VirtualReality we believe that your brand is everything you place online and offline that has your firm’s name associated.
Think of it like this, a true brand used to mean taking a hot iron and putting it to the skin of an animal. That animal now had your companies mark (or brand). Today, we no longer use hot iron, but the idea is that your mark should leave an impression.
In short, branding can be your:
- Logo (it always starts with a logo)
- Tagline & Message
- Content & Content Marketing
- Website, Blogs and Anything Online
- Social Media
- Email Signatures & Email Marketing
- Powerpoint Files
- Brochures & other Print Materials
- In-Office Materials: Office Decor and Organization
- Personal Items: How you dress, how you interact with clients, how quickly you respond, how detailed oriented you are, how helpful, etc. These can all impact your brand too.
This means everything needs to be unified, look great, and nothing looks out of place.
Moreover, your brand should set expectations of what your firm is about and what you will deliver.